Emergency Travel Abroad for Non-Permanent Residents Who Entered Illegally Without Inspection

I entered the country without inspection, and I have an emergency back home – Is there any way I can travel?

The answer is, it depends. If you are currently in TPS status or have received DACA authorization, emergency travel is possible.

Frequently, emergency travel situations arise for our non-U.S. resident clients who have Temporary Protection Status (“TPS”) or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (“DACA”). If you or your family member have an emergency back home, it is important to know that travel is indeed possible.

An experienced U.S. Immigration attorney can arrange for emergency travel at the local U.S. Citizenship & Immigration office (“USCIS”). USCIS requires that one’s biometrics be current. Attorneys who are members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (“AILA”) in your area have the ability to make direct contact with USCIS Officers to speed the process along. A travel permit called ‘advanced parole’ is then issued and approved for travel.

Our attorneys are members of the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (“AILA”) with 20 years of experience in U.S. Immigration matters. We are standing by to answer questions on behalf of you and your family. We serve clients throughout the United States and abroad.

Our offices are located in Washington D.C., Virginia and Maryland. You may email info@vasselllaw.com or go to www.vasselllaw.com. (Phone and Video Consultations Available upon Request if you or family member is overseas.)